Saturday 1 September 2012

September TBR! ;D

Hey guys! Welcome to books on NerdieWorld!!! God, I'm so excited!

How it works!
So each month I will choose a number of books to go with the selected theme. One of these books will be the Book of the Month; the book that I will most definitely be reading and ask of you to do the same. With this, instead of a review of that book, there will be a discussion so that we can all share our opinions of the book! Exciting!
My rating system will be fairly simple; for each book will rate it out of ten, approve or disapprove and give it a recommendation of: Awesome! Read it Now!, Add it to the TBRs..., Don't waste your money, No, Just No.
Even though I have the books to go with the themes, I will also have side-reads which are the books I will read if I don't feel like any from the TBR!
Each month will have a wrap up and a TBR XD

Let's continue!
The theme for this month is: Fairy Tales! Yay!


1. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
I was so excited, I already started it!                                                    
I have never watched Glee. I have never been interested in Glee. I barely know what Glee is and only know Chris Colfer is in it because of Joey Graceffa, Whitney Milam and Raeleen. And that is partly why I'm interested. I want to know if this is a good book, or it's only praised because Chris Colfer is the author. And the other part of my interest is because I love the idea and really like the sound of it.

2. Grimm's Fairy Tales by J.L.C. Grimm and W.C. Grimm (Translated by Lucy Crane)
I love fairy tales and have since I discovered Disney Princesses. That pretty much sums it up!

3. The Selection by Kiera Cass
Princesses? I think this book counts! I love the idea of a fairy tale in the future! That will be awesome and I'm really looking forward to this book!
Book of the month

4. The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn
The Crimson Thread is a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin and it looks really good! I'm really looking forward to it!

5. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Oh, man! This book! I'm finally reading it! I cannot wait to get my hands on that book! I'm shivering just thinking about it!

6. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol
I loved the movie starring Mia Wasikowska (one of my favourite actresses) and directed by Tim Burton (my favourite director) and can't wait to read the real thing!





My side reads for this month are Clockwork Prince and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, and Pretties by Scott Westerfeld!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon! xx Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment