Wednesday 3 October 2012

September Wrap Up | October TBR

Hey guys.. this is seriously delayed.. isn't it? I had perfectly good reasons! I was in London first of all from Wednesday to Friday (haul coming up soon!). Then it was my friend's birthday on Saturday and my sister's on Sunday and on Monday I had a lot of homework and there was stress and stuff but I won't get into that and yesterday, I had band from 16:45 - 21:30 so I did not have time over the past week to do this! Sorry.. <3
SEPTEMBER WRAP UP

The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
This book was lovely! I loved Alex and Conner's relationship and just the story with the Evil Queen was really good on it's own and just agghhh! I love it! The character development is just spectacular and I love it! <3 
9/10
Rating: Awesome! Read it now!

The Crimson Thread by Suzanne Weyn *BOOK OF THE MONTH*
This book actually surprised me in a way because I was really excited about it and thought it would be my favourite book of all time, but then, I thought maybe it won't be so great. Then I read it and it was pretty decent. I probably won't reread it but it was very good!
8/10
Rating: Add it to the TBRs...

OCTOBER TBR
You all know that the Perks of |Being a Wallflower just came out in cinemas.. for me it came out today!!! But I can't go today because it a school day.. *sigh*. But because of this...
The theme for this month is: Movies! Yay!

Let's get started:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky *BOOK OF THE MONTH*
I must of course read this this month. No doubt about it. 

Stardust by Neil Gaiman
I didn't know this was a book until like last Christmas or something around that time. I didn't. I saw the movie for the first a few years ago and it is one of my most definite favourites. The action and the adventure is just perfect and I really hope the book is just as good.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Let me explain. When I first read The Hunger Games, I didn't exactly finish the series because I just didn't have time and I really want to try and read them soon with Catching Fire being filmed at the moment and everything..

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Oooh! I'm excited! I really enjoyed Clockwork Angel and this is also being filmed at the moment so I'm really looking forward to that too!

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
Martin Freeman! Ooh! He'll make an excellent Bilbo! I can't wait for this movie!!!

Helena Bonham Carter as Ms. Havisham
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
BBC Ms. Havisham
I watched the BBC mini-series a little while back and WOW! It was spectacular and apparently, they are making a movie and guess who Ms. Havisham?? Guess! HELENA BONHAM CARTER!!!! Oh, my goodness! She'll be outstanding!

The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis
So, I have finished the Narnia series actually, but this was probably by far my favourite, BUT there are rumors that it will be the fourth Narnia film.. :O For thos of you who don't know The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the second book, not the first, Prince Caspian is the fourth book, not the second and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the fifth book, not the third. And now, the first book, which is The Magician's Nephew, will be the fourth? I dunno, these people are crrrazy! But I still want to reread it!

So that is it for now but I will see you soon with a haul! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment